Doctrinal StatementAt Missions 3:16, the Word of God is our governing document and authority for all matters of faith and life. Missions 3:16 missionaries, staff, and board members believe the following Core Doctrines:
- The Bible is inerrant and infallible, the verbally, plenary-inspired Word of God.
- The Bible has absolute authority as God’s settled and final Word.
- God has totally preserved His Word in full authority and power.
- The interpretation of the Bible is by reliance upon the Holy Spirit, who inspired it, and by using normal, literal, historical, cultural, exegetical and contextual methods of interpretation.
- The Word of God is a divinely-ordered and accurate record, by which God directs mankind, according to His purposes.
2 Peter 1:16-21
2 Timothy 3:16-17
1 Corinthians 15:12-28
- The eternal Son of God enfleshed Himself, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of a virgin, exactly as prophesied.
- He is perfect in person, fully God and fully man, with no earthly father.
- He lived a sinless life, and died as the payment for the sins of mankind.
- His death was efficacious, vicarious, substitutionary, sacrificial and totally satisfying to Holy God.
- His physical and literal resurrection from the dead secured believers’ justification by His appearance before the Father, where He is now interceding for all believers as their great High Priest.
- His literal, physical, and pre-millenial second coming will occur in the last days and is imminent. He will come to set up His millennial kingdom.
- There is one God, eternally existent as a Trinity–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Trinity is co-eternal in Person; co-identical in nature; co-equal in power and glory; and have the same attributes, authority and perfection.
- Known eternally by His multitude of names in Scripture, He is God above all other gods of this world.
- God is sovereign, holy, immutable, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- God is the creator, sustainer, and ultimate ruler of the universe.
1 CORinthains 12:1-31
- The Spirit of God convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- He has an intercessory work in believers’ prayers, and an indwelling, sanctifying work in believers’ hearts, from salvation on and forever.
- He is a teacher and perfect guide to eternal truth.
- He spiritually baptizes new believers into the Body of Christ, sealing their salvation for eternity.
- He comforts and spiritually strengthens believers, gifting them with what is necessary to accomplish His will. These spiritual gifts are given for the orderly edification of believers, especially within the local church.